- Underrepresented Student – For the purposes of this program, the SFAA Foundation defines underrepresented as those of African-American/Black, Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic ethnic origin, as well as women, disabled students, veterans and those who identify as members of the LGBTQ community.
- Enrollment in an accredited institution as a full-time student (12 semester hours or equivalent).
- Completion of the sophomore year of undergraduate studies, including at least six semester hours in a major field.
- A declared major in business, finance, economics, accounting or insurance/risk management.
- Minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of a six-week (minimum) paid internship with an SFAA member company in the summer prior to the application deadline.
2021 Scholarship Recipients Announced
On Sept. 14, 2021, SFAA announced the 17 students who have been selected as recipients of a $5,000 scholarship as part of the Surety and Fidelity Intern & Scholarship Program for 2021. Read the full press release.