The Surety & Fidelity Association of America and Coalition of Partners Encourage Lawmakers to Pass Water Resources Development Act of 2022
September 29, 2022 (WASHINGTON, DC) – The Surety & Fidelity Association of America (SFAA) as part of the Construction Industry Procurement Coalition, sent a letter strongly encouraging members of the Water Resources Development Act of 2022 (WRDA) Conference Committee to pass the bipartisan WRDA bill. The WRDA Conference Committee is led by Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works Chairman Tom Carper (D-DE) and Ranking Member Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV) and House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure Chairman Peter DeFazio (D-OR) and Ranking Member Sam Graves (R-MO).
This bill allows the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) Civil Works Program to respond to local communities and their water resources needs. Passage of this bill ensures authorization for dozens of feasibility studies and the construction of water resource projects. This is an investment in our harbors and inland waterways which helps safeguard the timely delivery of construction materials to the job site.
“This legislation is vital for all stakeholders involved in the planning and execution of water resources projects. The WRDA creates jobs, improves the quality of life for all Americans and helps to grow our economy,” said Lee Covington, president and CEO, SFAA.
The Construction Industry Procurement Coalition includes:
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Subcontractors Association
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Independent Electrical Contractors
- International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association
- Subsurface Utility Engineering Association
- The Surety & Fidelity Association of America
- S. Geospatial Executives Organization
- Women Construction Owners and Executives
For information and to read the letter please click here.
The Surety & Fidelity Association of America (SFAA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association representing all segments of the surety and fidelity industry. Based in Washington, D.C., SFAA works to promote the value of surety and fidelity bonding by proactively advocating on behalf of its members and stakeholders. The association’s more than 425 member companies write 98 percent of surety and fidelity bonds in the U.S. For more information visit www.surety.org.