Supporting students with an interest in surety and fidelity as a career.
The Surety and Fidelity Intern & Scholarship Program was created to encourage college students to consider the surety and fidelity industry as a career of choice. The program gives underrepresented* college students the opportunity to work with industry experts through paid, professional internships with our member organizations. Upon completion of an internship, students are eligible to apply for a $5,000 academic scholarship. The program is funded and administered by the SFAA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established to increase diversity within the surety and fidelity industry.
- Underrepresented Student – For the purposes of this program, the SFAA Foundation defines underrepresented as those of African-American/Black, Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic ethnic origin, as well as women, disabled students, veterans and those who identify as members of the LGBTQ community.
- Enrollment in an accredited institution as a full-time student (12 semester hours or equivalent).
- Completion of the sophomore year of undergraduate studies, including at least six semester hours in a major field.
- A declared major in business, finance, economics, accounting or insurance/risk management.
- Minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of a six-week (minimum) paid internship with an SFAA member company in the summer prior to the application deadline.
2021 Scholarship Recipients Announced
On Sept. 14, 2021, SFAA announced the 17 students who have been selected as recipients of a $5,000 scholarship as part of the Surety and Fidelity Intern & Scholarship Program for 2021. Read the full press release.
SFAA member companies are currently in the process of interviewing and hiring interns for the summer of 2022. Please contact Lindsay Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.